Friday, October 30, 2009

A wild cat now runs into my house, on purpose

We had a situation the other night. I went to the movies with my friend Shani, to see "Capitalism," the Michael Moore film, and when I got home about midnight my downstairs neighbors met me at the door. They were upset, and understandably so, because water had leaked from my bathroom into their bathroom. That was Tuesday. I was up till 2 a.m., watching movies & trying to calm down. Men from the co-op came on Wednesday, another day off for me, and took down my neighbors' bathroom ceiling. They found the problem, and it wasn't my fault. It was nobody's fault, so the co-op had to take care of installing a new tub drain, and trap, or something. Turns out I share it also with my UPSTAIRS neighbor, and three people live in that apartment, vs. one in mine and two downstairs. I had to take the whole day off today for the plumbers.

They came before 9 a.m., as I was getting up. I was about to feed the cats, but the men started making a racket before either one could eat her breakfast. The kitties were freaked. Even Bella hid in the closet. The plumbers had a heavy-duty drill that broke thru my drain and even the tile floor. The one working downstairs was drilling, too. The whole floor was vibrating. The little cat disappeared early on, I think behind the couch.

They were done about 11, and it's been nice and quiet since. Both cats are circling around, not fighing. Last night when I came home from an art gallery reception, it was pretty late, too, about 11. Again, Bella was waiting by the door, so when I opened it, she ran out. I thought I saw Shadow, too, but you know how shadows are, you're never quite sure what you see. Bella stands out, being mostly white, and she was on the lawn, eating grass, but there was no sign of the little one. I told Bella "In the house," and in she went, as she does (such a good girl). As she walked up the brick steps to the front door, the little dark one ran really fast, in the door and up my stairs, thus proving she had, indeed, been out. That's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment